If you want to apply dark mode across Windows 10 and its apps, here’s how.
Turn on dark mode on Windows 10
Here’s how to apply a dark theme to Windows 10.
1. From the Start menu, open Settings.
2. Tap Personalization, and then over in the left navigation pane, tap Colors.
3. Under the label Choose your default Windows mode, turn on the Dark button.
You may need to choose Custom from the Choose your color menu to see the dark mode choice.
Turn on dark mode for Windows 10 apps
If you want to apply a darker color palette across Windows 10 apps, here’s how.
1. From the Start menu again, open Settings.
2. Tap Personalization, and then over on the left tap Colors.
3. Under the label Choose your default app mode, turn on the Dark button.
Again, you may need to choose Custom from the Choose your color menu to see the dark mode choice.
And, if you want to apply the dark theme broadly — across Windows 10 and its apps — you can select Dark from the Choose your color menu.
- Which console is right for you? Xbox Series X vs. PS5The Xbox Series X and PS5 from Microsoft and Sony, respectively, are due to arrive in … Read More
- PlayStation 5 will launch Nov. 12 at GHC2900Sony’s upcoming PlayStation 5 video game console will cost GHC3,000 and launch Nov. 12, the company … Read More
- Ghanaians Will Soon Access Healthcare With Ghana Card – NHIS BossThe Government is considering the possibility of allowing Ghanaians to access healthcare with their National Identification … Read More
- Free Wi-Fi In SHSs To Be Launched October – Gov’tFree Wi-Fi in senior high schools (SHSs), an initiative of the government, will be launched in … Read More
- Your Ghana Card will soon double as your Tax ID Number for easy business transactions – Davis Ansah OpokuThe Parliamentary Candidate for the New Patriotic Party in the Mpraeso Constituency, Davis Ansah Opoku (OPK), has urged market … Read More
Turn on dark mode in individual Windows 10 apps
If an app doesn’t adopt the dark theme after you’ve turned it on in Windows 10 settings, you may need to adjust that app’s individual preference for how it applies the Windows default theme.
1. Head to where the app keeps its appearance settings.
In the Mail app, for example, tap the Settings gear in the bottom left corner and then tap Personalization over on the right. In the new Edge browser, tap the the three-dot menu to the right of the menu bar, tap Settings, and then tap Appearance.
2. Now, check that the app’s appearance preference is set to adopt the Windows 10 default theme.
For example, In Mail’s Personalization settings, tap Use my Windows mode. In Edge’s Appearance settings, from the Theme menu, choose System default.
source/reference: cnet.com/clifford colby/newsnow.co.uk