If you want to apply dark mode across Windows 10 and its apps, here’s how.
Turn on dark mode on Windows 10
Here’s how to apply a dark theme to Windows 10.
1. From the Start menu, open Settings.
2. Tap Personalization, and then over in the left navigation pane, tap Colors.
3. Under the label Choose your default Windows mode, turn on the Dark button.
You may need to choose Custom from the Choose your color menu to see the dark mode choice.
Turn on dark mode for Windows 10 apps
If you want to apply a darker color palette across Windows 10 apps, here’s how.
1. From the Start menu again, open Settings.
2. Tap Personalization, and then over on the left tap Colors.
3. Under the label Choose your default app mode, turn on the Dark button.
Again, you may need to choose Custom from the Choose your color menu to see the dark mode choice.
And, if you want to apply the dark theme broadly — across Windows 10 and its apps — you can select Dark from the Choose your color menu.
- TikTok removed nearly 90 million videos globally in the second half of 2020In total, from July 1 to December 31 last year, the company said it removed 89,132,938 … Read More
- Using lessons learnt in 2020 to combat the security threats in 20212020 saw a boom in cyberattacks with cybercriminals taking advantage of the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown … Read More
- New Google feature will now tell you when your password is exposed or insecureGoogle announced the rollout of six new features today. It announced schedule send for Messages, dark mode for Google … Read More
- Could This W.H.O Approved Device Stop Women From Getting HIV/AIDS?A drug that shields women from HIV. Sounds good, right? Despite advances in treatment and prevention, … Read More
- Drone delivery service, Zipline delivers over 1million vaccine doses to hard-to-reach areas of GhanaThe drone delivery service, Zipline has announced the delivery of over 1 million program vaccine doses … Read More
Turn on dark mode in individual Windows 10 apps
If an app doesn’t adopt the dark theme after you’ve turned it on in Windows 10 settings, you may need to adjust that app’s individual preference for how it applies the Windows default theme.
1. Head to where the app keeps its appearance settings.
In the Mail app, for example, tap the Settings gear in the bottom left corner and then tap Personalization over on the right. In the new Edge browser, tap the the three-dot menu to the right of the menu bar, tap Settings, and then tap Appearance.
2. Now, check that the app’s appearance preference is set to adopt the Windows 10 default theme.
For example, In Mail’s Personalization settings, tap Use my Windows mode. In Edge’s Appearance settings, from the Theme menu, choose System default.
source/reference: cnet.com/clifford colby/newsnow.co.uk