Uber is introducing “Uber Cash” to further promote cashless transactions across all Uber’s products. Uber Cash is facilitated by Flutterwave, an online payment solution, to ensure the easiest and most reliable payment options are made available for locals.
Riders can now prepay for their upcoming trips with Uber Cash, creating a stress-free way to travel, further adding to the convenience this payment method offers.
While existing payment options will still be available including cash (for rides only), debit card and gift cards, this new feature offers a new way to make and further control payment on Uber.
This payment method creates an app-specific account that can be preloaded with any amount, to be used on upcoming trips. The account can be topped-up via the user’s Ride account and used as and when needed on Uber, allowing the user to control the amount spent on the specific app, further helping them control their budget.
- Fraud Alert!! – Ghanaians share their MoMo fraud experience – FUNNY but SAD!This video is to educate Ghanaians on ways they can secure … Read More
- GhIPSS Half Year Stats Shows Momo Interoperability Tops All Services Amid COVID-19The half-year performance report of the Ghana Interbank Payments and Settlements … Read More
- UG ends free online data package for students and staffThe University of Ghana has brought to an end its free … Read More
- MoMo Fraudsters Target Nurses. 380 Fraud Accounts blocked compared to 900 last yearMTN Ghana has cautioned customers against new forms of mobile money … Read More
- Huawei set to offer free Online 5G Course for 70 University StudentsGlobal telecommunications giant and leader in 5G, Huawei Technologies has as … Read More
Top-ups are available and work similarly to that of an airtime increases. Riders are able to top-up their balance via a debit/ credit card, MTN, Airtel Tigo, Vodafone, a bank transfer, or Barter for payment of use. There is no need to use a physical card or cash. Once the account has been loaded, all credit is non-expiry meaning that locals can use it whenever they see fit.
Uber Cash limits potential cash deficits should either the driver, courier or user not have enough or exact change, as like a debit transaction, the exact amount will be taken. However, if there is some cash lying around that one wants to use, riders are able to pay for a trip with this and ask the driver to load change directly into their Uber Cash account.
How To Use Uber Cash
To use Uber Cash, simply follow the below steps:
- Open the app menu and tap on Payment
- Tap “Add funds”
- Change payment method to Uber Cash
- Choose a destination
- Request a ride
“Uber Cash is another way to create a seamless experience for all our users. This new option introduces a method of payment that is easily controllable, convenient and reliable” says Alon Lits, Director of Uber in Sub-Saharan Africa.