Lovers of palm nut soup will soon get to enjoy the local delicacy whenever they want it as some students of Pope John Senior High School have developed a small machine to cut down the laborious process of making the traditional soup.
Preparation of palm nut soup has become the headache of many cooks due to the stressful processes involved, especially getting the juice out of the fruit for the soup.
At the ongoing National Science and Maths Quiz programme, the Pope John students have been exhibiting the innovative machine that will help people easily extract the juice needed for palm soup, from the palm fruit.
- TikTok removed nearly 90 million videos globally in the second half of 2020
- Mastercard, MTN partner To enable payments on global platforms with Mobile Money
- Using lessons learnt in 2020 to combat the security threats in 2021
- Cybercrime and the pandemic – Read Now!
- Here is why enterprise security isn’t just an IT problem
Known as the ‘Palm Fruit Juice Extractor’, the innovation has taken centre stage in social media conversation with people sharing their thoughts on the new machine which could be done on large scale with the necessary support.