The MTN Ghana Foundation is set to construct a robotic centre and a multipurpose community library at the Ebenezer Senior High School at Dansoman in the Ablekuma West Constituency in Accra.
According to the Corporate Services Executive of MTN Ghana, Mr Samuel Koranteng, MTN as an organization with the vision ‘to lead the delivery of a bold new digital world to customers’, they understand that Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is very critical in the digital world hence, their support.
“This is not the first library we are putting up but this one is particularly unique such that we have gone one step ahead to add a robotics centre which we are confident will support the digital transformation agenda of the country,” he said.
According to him, this is also to help the youth to develop their digital skills which they believe would give students, teachers and the community as a whole the opportunity to learn in different ways to expand their digital knowledge.”
He added that after the completion of the project, there will be a 100 and 20 seating capacity e-library and ICT laboratory respectively as well as a robotic center.
- TikTok removed nearly 90 million videos globally in the second half of 2020In total, from July 1 to December 31 last year, the company said it removed 89,132,938 … Read More
- Mastercard, MTN partner To enable payments on global platforms with Mobile MoneyMastercard and MTN announced a strategic partnership to enable millions of consumers in 16 countries across Africa to make … Read More
- Using lessons learnt in 2020 to combat the security threats in 20212020 saw a boom in cyberattacks with cybercriminals taking advantage of the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown … Read More
- Cybercrime and the pandemic – Read Now!A new report from BlackBerry shows that as our digital habits have changed over the past year cybercriminals … Read More
- Here is why enterprise security isn’t just an IT problemThey say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link; when it comes to … Read More
The project is expected to be completed by the end of June 2020.
He said these when the foundation together with the Minister of Communication and MP for Ablekuma West, Hon. Ursula Owusu – Ekuful inspected progress of work of the multipurpose community library and robotics centre.
Meanwhile, the Madam Ursula Owusu in return expressing her profound gratitude to the foundation stated “This is a very good initiative, considering the fact that this will be the first library and ICT center in this constituency and it will go further to motivate the students and entire community to learn and upgrade themselves”.
The Board Chairman of Ebenezer Senior High School, Mr. Vincent Birch Freeman also expressed his outmost gratitude to the MTN Ghana Foundation and urged other private companies to emulate the good gesture.
The MTN Ghana Foundation since its inception has implemented over 147 major projects in its three focus areas of Health, Education and Economic Empowerment in across Ghana.