The Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, with the Department for International Development (DFID), United Kingdom has rolled out an online platform to aid in the acquisition of building permits.
The automated platform named, the “Permit Process System (PPS)” is currently operational in the Accra and Tema Metropolitan Assemblies
Developers and contractors and the public can visit https://www.buildingpermitsgh.org/permits/cpp/home to begin the process.
Hajia Alima Mahama, the Sector Minister, who launched the platform, via live streaming, with support from the Ministry of Information, said the system provided an electronic database of all building and construction permit records with an in-built document management system.
- Manchester United hit by cyber attackManchester United have been hit by a “sophisticated” cyber attack. The club, who … Read More
- Web App attacks sees 800% increases compared to 2019Web application attacks have increased by over 800%, according to the State of … Read More
- Elon Musk now world’s second-richest person ahead Bill GatesThe unrelenting rally of Tesla shares has rocketed the company’s founder Elon Musk up into second place … Read More
- BNI is now NIB – National Intelligence BureauThe Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) has changed its name to the National … Read More
- UK Scientist Invents Face Mask That Kills COVID-19, Influenza and other Viruses upon contactA Nottingham Trent University scientist, Garreth Cave has invented a face mask that can … Read More
The project aims is to reduce the time and cost of doing business at the local level with focus on the issuance of a building permit.
The System has a citizens’ portal through which external users such as building developers and contractors can log onto and apply for building permits online in the comfort of their offices and homes, track the status of their applications, receive responses to their inquiries, obtain appointments for building inspections and access the list of qualified building agents, such as Engineers, Architects, and Surveyors.