American business magnate and Co-founder of Microsoft, William Henry Gates, popularly known as Bill Gates, has, lauded Ghana for showing exemplary leadership and making strides on several fronts.
Mr Gates made the remarks when Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia held a meeting with him via Zoom, to discuss three pertinent issues affecting Ghana.
They discussed Ghana’s progress on immunization against the new circulating vaccine-derived polio virus type 2 (cVDPV2), the lessons from Ghana’s policy response to COVID-19 pandemic and Ghana’s digitisation strategy.
- TikTok removed nearly 90 million videos globally in the second half of 2020In total, from July 1 to December 31 last year, the company … Read More
- Mastercard, MTN partner To enable payments on global platforms with Mobile MoneyMastercard and MTN announced a strategic partnership to enable millions of consumers in 16 countries … Read More
- Using lessons learnt in 2020 to combat the security threats in 20212020 saw a boom in cyberattacks with cybercriminals taking advantage of the … Read More
- Cybercrime and the pandemic – Read Now!A new report from BlackBerry shows that as our digital habits have changed over … Read More
- Here is why enterprise security isn’t just an IT problemThey say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link; … Read More
In a tweet, Vice President Bawumia said, “It was a good exchange of views and he (Bill Gates) congratulated Ghana for the strides we have made on several fronts.
“I also thanked him and the Bill Gates Foundation for their successful work in the fight against polio and other diseases“.
Dr Bernard Okoe-Boye, a Deputy Minister of Health, also joined the zoom meeting.
source/reference: GNA, peacefmonline