Windows 7 support officially ends today. Microsoft warned people repeatedly to help them prepare for today, and now the end of support has officially arrived. Following the end of support, Windows 7 will no longer receive software updates, security updates, or technical support.
Microsoft recommends moving to Windows 10 to receive support and updates. You can read answers to common questions about Windows 7 support ending on Microsoft’s website
Windows 7 is one of the most-loved versions of Windows ever. There are still many companies and people who choose to stay on it. Some estimate that approximately 300 million devices still run Windows 7. That being said, Windows comes with a plethora of features that make it worth upgrading to in the eyes of many. Windows 10 has been out for years, meaning it’s received several meaningful major updates and thousands upon thousands of bug fixes.
- TikTok removed nearly 90 million videos globally in the second half of 2020In total, from July 1 to December 31 last year, the company said it removed … Read More
- Mastercard, MTN partner To enable payments on global platforms with Mobile MoneyMastercard and MTN announced a strategic partnership to enable millions of consumers in 16 countries across Africa to … Read More
- Using lessons learnt in 2020 to combat the security threats in 20212020 saw a boom in cyberattacks with cybercriminals taking advantage of the coronavirus pandemic and … Read More
- Cybercrime and the pandemic – Read Now!A new report from BlackBerry shows that as our digital habits have changed over the past year … Read More
- Here is why enterprise security isn’t just an IT problemThey say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link; when it comes … Read More
Even though Microsoft claims that support for the free Windows 10 upgrade offer is over, you can still take advantage of it. Microsoft seems to turn a blind eye to anyone who uses the Windows 10 Upgrade website to activate a Windows 10 license with a Windows 7 serial key.
If you upgrade to Windows 10 and miss the look of Windows 7, you can use software like Start10 to make your new operating system look old again.