The computers are to be used to encourage pupils and students in the schools to learn Information Communication Technology and develop an interest in the course.
Mr. Edmund Nyarko, Zonal Manager for Volta and Oti Regions, GIFEC, who presented the items, said the schools had met the requirements for the support; a furnished computer laboratory.
He said printers, air conditioners, and internet connectivity would be provided as a second phase of the donation.
Mr Felix Letsa, Chairman of the School Management Committee, who received the items, expressed gratitude to GIFEC and the Government for supporting ICT education in the schools.
Mr Nelson Akorli, Ho Municipal Chief Executive charged the schools to put them to proper use.
Dr Archibald Yao Letsa, Volta Regional Minister, said Government was working to ensure that all schools had the same level of educational support and called for support from all.
- TikTok removed nearly 90 million videos globally in the second half of 2020
- Mastercard, MTN partner To enable payments on global platforms with Mobile Money
- Using lessons learnt in 2020 to combat the security threats in 2021
- Cybercrime and the pandemic – Read Now!
- Here is why enterprise security isn’t just an IT problem