Several weeks ago, Facebook announced Messenger Rooms. This was basically Facebook’s attempt at taking on the likes of Zoom. For those who are interested in checking it out, Facebook has since announced that Messenger Rooms will now be available to all users after rolling it out to a small set of users back in April
According to Facebook, “Messenger Rooms lets you create a room to host joinable free video calls with up to 50 people with no time limit, making it easy to spend quality time with friends, loved ones and people who share your interests. Rooms can be created right from Messenger or Facebook and gives you the ability to share links to invite anyone to join, even if they don’t have a Facebook account.”
- DDoS attacks increase more than 500 percent over last yearThe second quarter of 2020 has seen a massive 570 … Read More
- Instagram patches bug that allowed hackers to take over users’ phones – Update Now!The bug would have allowed a bad actor to take … Read More
- Malicious cyber actors are actively exploiting Zerologon Windows vulnerability – Microsoft warnsMicrosoft warned on Thursday that malicious cyber actors have been … Read More
- Which console is right for you? Xbox Series X vs. PS5The Xbox Series X and PS5 from Microsoft and Sony, … Read More
- PlayStation 5 will launch Nov. 12 at GHC2900Sony’s upcoming PlayStation 5 video game console will cost GHC3,000 … Read More
For those who need a bit of context, Messenger had always allowed users to make video calls. However, the downside compared to alternatives like Zoom was that users needed to have a Facebook account, and even then, the number of participants was limited. However, with Messenger Rooms, users won’t need to have a Facebook account to join and it will support as many as 50 users at once.
So if you’re seeking an alternative to other video conferencing apps and platforms, then perhaps Messenger Rooms could be worth checking out.