The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) of the Ministry of Communications, in collaboration with the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service and the National Cyber Security Technical Working Group, have nabbed the administrator of the notorious website, empress leak.
Empress Leak is a website known for the publication of child pornographic and adult sexual content. The website records about 600,000 monthly users who are located in Ghana, Nigeria and the United Kingdom.
The Minister of Communications, Mrs. Ursula Owusu-Ekuful revealed this during a joint press briefing held on Monday August 10, 2020 in Accra, to announce the arrest of the operator.
- Group of Hackers targeting Porn Site Users With Malicious Ads Redirecting To Exploit Kits, MalwareA cybercrime group has been busy over the past months … Read More
- Linux systems facing more cyber threats than ever before – KasperskyLinux users have been warned to up their security protection following … Read More
- Twitter has disclosed the discovery of a security bug on Android that left some private messages exposed to malicious actorsTwitter has disclosed the discovery of a security bug that … Read More
- New Security Flaw! – Attackers bypass multi-factor authentication to hijack email accountsResearchers at Abnormal Security have detected an increase in business email compromise … Read More
- Intel Hacked! – 20GB Of Confidential Information Leaked On The Web By Anonymous HackerIntel is literally having a bad year if not worse. … Read More
Addressing the media, she noted that, an investigation to clamp down on activities of empress leak was launched after a female Senior High School student, filed a report on January 6th, 2020, with the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-GH) of the NCSC. The report by the victim who is below 18 years, was to alert the CERT-GH team of an uploaded sexually explicit video of her to the website.
The Minister further noted that, preliminary investigations uncovered information on the website’s registrant information, associated domain names, email addresses, telephone contacts as well as residential address of the administrator, Mr. Anderson Ofosuhene Anim.