Elon Musk has become the world’s richest person, as his net worth crossed $185bn (£136bn).
The Tesla and SpaceX entrepreneur was pushed into the top slot after Tesla’s share price increased on Thursday.
He takes the top spot from Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who had held it since 2017.
- TikTok removed nearly 90 million videos globally in the second half of 2020In total, from July 1 to December 31 last year, the company said it removed 89,132,938 … Read More
- Mastercard, MTN partner To enable payments on global platforms with Mobile MoneyMastercard and MTN announced a strategic partnership to enable millions of consumers in 16 countries across Africa to make … Read More
- Using lessons learnt in 2020 to combat the security threats in 20212020 saw a boom in cyberattacks with cybercriminals taking advantage of the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown … Read More
- Cybercrime and the pandemic – Read Now!A new report from BlackBerry shows that as our digital habits have changed over the past year cybercriminals … Read More
- Here is why enterprise security isn’t just an IT problemThey say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link; when it comes to … Read More
Mr Musk’s electric car company Tesla has surged in value this year, and hit a market value of $700bn (£516bn) for the first time on Wednesday.
That makes the car company worth more than Toyota, Volkswagen, Hyundai, GM and Ford combined.