The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) has launched a digitized smart DP Sticker as part of cost savings new measures at the various ports of entry to replace the existing DP plates in use.
The new sticker is environmentally friendly, has high security features, can be validated easily by law enforcement agents and also, increases revenue assurance through high accountability.
The Vice President of Ghana, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, has continuously stressed the importance Government attaches to the ongoing digitization agenda, emphasizing that a digitized, formal economy is pivotal in the “Ghana Beyond Aid” agenda.
In this regard, DVLA believes that the introduction of the smart DP Sticker is in line with this agenda and would help with further blocking of any revenue leakages associated with this essential service at the port.
The Chief Executive of DVLA Mr. Kwasi Agyeman Busia, on his part is pursuing the continuous digitization of the DVLA’s various organization process assets. He has during his tenure kept to his promise of enhancing the efficiency and revenues of the authority using innovative based solutions.
- TikTok removed nearly 90 million videos globally in the second half of 2020In total, from July 1 to December 31 last year, the company said it removed 89,132,938 videos globally, with 11,775,777 of … Read More
- Mastercard, MTN partner To enable payments on global platforms with Mobile MoneyMastercard and MTN announced a strategic partnership to enable millions of consumers in 16 countries across Africa to make global e-commerce payments safely and … Read More
- Using lessons learnt in 2020 to combat the security threats in 20212020 saw a boom in cyberattacks with cybercriminals taking advantage of the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown to stage ransomware campaigns, deploy … Read More
- Cybercrime and the pandemic – Read Now!A new report from BlackBerry shows that as our digital habits have changed over the past year cybercriminals have become increasingly successful at … Read More
- Here is why enterprise security isn’t just an IT problemThey say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link; when it comes to cybersecurity, the weakest link in … Read More
The price of the new digitized DVLA DP sticker remains the same, however the State insurance company (SIC) has introduced a premium claimable insurance.
The DP sticker has high security features embedded as well as its physical features backed by a very robust enterprise resource platform.
The sticker is issued in pairs and can easily be placed at the back and front windscreens.
Apart from law enforcement agencies, members of the general public can also check the authenticity via a QR code and a USSD code simply by dialing *920*Serial number# on all mobile networks in Ghana.