The Vice-President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, will today launch a new single digital payment platform which is expected to enhance the government’s digitisation agenda.
The platform, called Ghana.GOV, will provide a single point of access for all services of ministries, departments and agencies of the government.
The Minister of Information, Mr Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, who disclosed this in Accra yesterday, said the introduction of the single digital platform was an addition to the Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo administration’s digitisation of the economy.
He said Dr Bawumia would also use the occasion to highlight the three main benefits of the payment platform.
- Zipline Ghana Delivers 79,800 Medical Products to 945 Health Facilities Via Drones – Read Now!
- Chinese hackers charged with stealing coronavirus vaccine research – Here’s what you need to know!
- Zipline commences Drone Delivery Services In Western North Region
- COVID-19: Gov’t is set to deploy new app to monitor religious gatherings, others
- WHO to launch COVID-19 app for countries that need one – Ghana among top 6 countries leveraging on Tech to fight COVID-19
“These include growth in government revenue collection, deepening expenditure savings and helping our fight against corruption by reducing human interface in the administration of public services,” he said.
The government has already rolled out similar digitisation platforms, which include the National Digital Property Addressing System, which provides a unique permanent digital address linked to postcodes; the introduction of paperless port operations, the integrated e-immigration system, e-procurement, e-Parliament, e-justice, e-Cabinet, smart workplaces, among other initiatives.
Mr Oppong Nkrumah said those initiatives were all at various stages of implementation, including the development of an interoperability system to integrate government databases.
The minister said, “all these represent significant milestones by the Akufo-Addo administration in Ghana’s journey to digitisation”.
He added that it was the expectation of the government that the introduction of the Ghana.GOV digital payment platform would be utilised by all stakeholders for maximum benefit.
source/reference: peacefmonline.com/graphic online