Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) has opened applications for its annual competition dubbed the Pitch AgriHack Competition, to provide capacity building and funding to accelerate youth employment and agricultural transformation in Africa.
Since its inception, the AgriHack talent initiative has worked with more than 1,000 young digital innovators with around 100 entering the final stages of the competition.
Many have gone on to win additional funding close to EUR2 million (US$2.2 million) from various players and created jobs.
This year’s event, marking the fourth edition will also reward young entrepreneurs who emerge successful in the competition.
- TikTok removed nearly 90 million videos globally in the second half of 2020In total, from July 1 to December 31 last year, the company said it removed 89,132,938 videos … Read More
- Mastercard, MTN partner To enable payments on global platforms with Mobile MoneyMastercard and MTN announced a strategic partnership to enable millions of consumers in 16 countries across Africa to make global … Read More
- Using lessons learnt in 2020 to combat the security threats in 20212020 saw a boom in cyberattacks with cybercriminals taking advantage of the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown to … Read More
- Cybercrime and the pandemic – Read Now!A new report from BlackBerry shows that as our digital habits have changed over the past year cybercriminals have … Read More
- Here is why enterprise security isn’t just an IT problemThey say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link; when it comes to cybersecurity, … Read More
Up to EUR15,000 (US$17,000) will be awarded to seven startups in different categories, including three new special prize categories; data analytics services, public choice and the Greentec Prize.
In addition to cash prizes, finalists of the competition will benefit from a financial management and investment readiness bootcamp, grants and access to investments, capacity building and promotional opportunities.
Selected finalists will pitch their innovations to ICT4Ag and business experts at the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) in Accra, Ghana in September.
To partake in the competition, interested parties are encouraged to apply before May 24.